Sunday, May 10, 2020

had a Mosquito under the covers?

Well its the season for mosquito's and out comes the roll-on repellents and the sprays. 

Last evening was just like any other, had the shower, got the book and  while getting ready for bed.
put on the repellent on arms and hands, forgot the legs, I just could not wait to get back to my book.

Read for a while and had the room light on, so if there were any mosquito's, my thinking was that  they would be attracted to the main light, away from me........

Well my pooch and I were lying all curled up under the blankets, just my head and one arm holding the book was sticking out, of course I fall asleep while reading. A good Samaritan put off the lights.

Sleep glorious sleep,  I woke up to an itching leg and foot, oh boy, I could not stop scratching.
It was definitely a mosquito bite or two, so irritating, after a few moments of scratching  my legs with no joy, decided to try and sleep again.

Thinking that I must have got warm and had my leg on top of the duvet, it would make sense that mosquito's had bitten me.

Feeling confident that they were not going to bite me again tonight.

I was all in, arms and legs, under the duvet, quite pleased with myself, I had got the better of these mosquito's.

 This itching would not stop. Eventually frustrated I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to soothe the bites...... with toothpaste.  My legs were white with toothpaste and the relief was great.

I put on the light again,  now wide awake to get back into bed, as the blankets were opened up to climb in,  out came this 7kg mosquito with the longest sting, I swear it had a grin on its face, it had been inside the bed, under the sheets.

However, the biggest mistake the mosquito made was to come out of hiding, he came out flying in this triumphant flight of bzzzzz, bzzzzz trying to fly in circles, as he was so heavy from all the feasting he had done.

The slow flight allowed me to whack him to kingdom come.  What a satisfying feeling, knowing that it was not going to bite me anymore.

Now to try and sleep again.



No comments:

Post a Comment