Sunday, April 5, 2020

Joyriding and been caught

My friend had bought herself a 125cc Honda, it was her transport of choice.
Oh, how she loved this motorbike.

It started to give a problem nothing major, but something was not right with the motor and duly my hubby said he would look it over, service the motorbike for her.
He serviced the motorbike and we had for a few days to make sure that it was all good.

Me, being me had been having a few motorbike lessons, but admittedly not the greatest rider yet..... decided to take the motorbike down to the store that we owned which was only a few kilometers down the road.I thought I would travel the back roads to the store and it should be all ok.

Well, very excited at the thought, I went to put on my leather jacket, boots and got the full face helmet. Just needed the keys and I would be on my way.

I pushed the bike out into the road, put on the helmet, key into the ignition and turned on, now to kick start and the motorbike and it would roar to life.  I did all that I had been taught, felt so confident, hubby would be so proud of me when I arrived at the store.

The motorbike started I am traveling along steadily, no issue, one four  way stop ahead,  I stop, pull away and onto the second  four way stop.

This is where it all changes, I stopped and a Traffic Officer pulls up alongside of me, guilt rushing through me, making me nervous, suddenly feeling very hot, my mask is starting to steam up. I fidget, pretend to check my pockets willing him to move and be on his way.

In my nervousness the motorbike splutters, I over rev it with brake on and it dies on me. I now have to restart the motorbike, and it won't start.  It obviously had an IDIOT problem. By now the dear Officer had pulled his vehicle over  and was on his way to me. He had this knowing grin on his face asked me to show him my license.

Well of course, I did not have it on me, because I did not have one. I had to tell the truth that I had also taken the bike without permission too.

By now, the helmet was off, the leather jacket was too hot. My embarrassment and frustration at the impending fine and trouble that I was in, was too much.

The fine was given and I had to return back home which was two blocks away.  To add to my humiliation, the Traffic Officer must have called it in and a second car arrived on the scene and I had to start the bike and take it home. They had a field day laughing at my antics.

Needless to say I was in a bit of doggy doo  with powers that be, my hubby and friend.

The best was yet to come about three weeks later my innocent friend was out riding on a Saturday afternoon and she was merrily traveling along and was pulled over by a Traffic Officer with  flashing blue lights and siren asking her to pull over. 

The Officer wanted to check her driver's license. He wanted to know how long she had her motorbike as, he had seen another lady on the same bike three weeks back, and she had no license.....


Needless to say she was ok and had everything in place, he remembered the motor
bike, number plate and the fact that it was a girl that was the rider.


No comments:

Post a Comment